Who are we?
Connect Financial Solutions offers a range of financial solutions to the following well-known brands: Bradlows, Rochester, HiFi Corp, Incredible Connection, Sleepmasters, and Russells. All our Brand Partners are Customers Goods and Services Ombud [CGSO] Members that uphold the Consumer Goods and Service Code Our Products and Services include:
1. Secured and Unsecured Loans
2. Long and Short Term Insurance Products
Connect Financial Solutions (Pty) Ltd (Reg no: 2018/431596/07) a registered Credit Provider (NCRCP11158) trading Bradlows, Rochester, HiFi Corp, Incredible Connection, Sleepmasters and Russells.
Our Customer Value Proposition
1. Flexible terms to make purchases more affordable
2. Flexible Insurance options
3. Transparent credit application process
4. Affordability assessments to ensure that our customers can afford the goods
5. Various payment options Cash, Debit Order, EFT, Easy Pay etc.
What is your Rights as a Consumer?
1. One free Credit Report from each registered Credit Bureau once a year
2. Contest any incorrect information on your report by lodging a dispute with the credit bureau
3. An understandable, credit agreement in plain language
4. Feedback as to why a credit application was unsuccessful
5. Protection against reckless credit lending
6. Assistance when over-indebted
7. Right to privacy
8. Right to choose your product
9. Right to fair and honest dealing
10. Right to accountability by suppliers, to fair value, good quality and safety
11. Right to fair, just and reasonable terms and conditions
12. Right to equality in the consumer market and protection against discriminatory marketing
What we require from you as a Consumer?
Your consent to access any of your personal information required from any Credit Bureau and other agencies, as permitted by law, to:
1. Make enquiries to obtain or confirm your credit profile and repayment behaviour;
2. Verify your Credit Profile; and
3. Retain records of the consumer's personal and credit information in any database in accordance with the provisions of the NCA.
Our Commitment to you, the Consumer!
1. Provide consumer with a statement of his| her account every three months
2. Communicate to consumer in his | her language of preference
3. To give to the consumer a copy of the agreement and relevant documentation
4. To protect the confidential information about consumers
5. To report to the NCR or to a credit bureau, the details of every credit agreement concluded, as well as the termination of the agreement when the debt has been paid in full
6. To propose to the consumer to seek advice when the consumer is in default
7. To maintain records of credit applications, agreements and accounts as prescribed in the Regulations
Helpful Credit Tips!
1. Over-Indebtedness – do not take on debt that you cannot repay
2. Know your Financial Status – contact any credit bureau for your credit report and status.
3. Download a Budget Template as a spread sheet to manage all your accounts/debts as well as monthly expenditure. Visit templates.office.com
4. Know all your credit providers’ contact details .
5. When you are experience problems repaying your debts, contact your creditors. Get in touch with the Credit Department, not your local branch.
6. Preserve you credit profile.
7. Prioritise and pay your debt - never avoid your repayments
8. Do not promise to pay what you don’t have. Rather negotiate for lower instalments than avoid payments
9. Always act on a letter of demand
10. If and when you receive letters from your creditors do not ignore them, act on them and seek help!!
11. A consumer who is over-indebted may approach a debt counsellor directly, or he/she may be referred to a debt counsellor by his/her creditor/s or by the magistrate court
Helpful Links and Contact Details
1. National Credit Regulator www.ncr.org.za
2. Monthly Income & Expenses [Budget] www.fin24.com/Calculators/Budget
3. Financial Services (FAIS) Ombudsman www.faisombud.co.za
4. Ombudsman for Short Term Insurance www.osti.co.za
5. Ombudsman for Long Term Insurance www.ombud.co.za
6. Online Ombudsman www.38.ombudsman.co.za
7. Credit Ombudsman www.creditombud.org.za
8. Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services. Act, 2002 (Act No. 37 of 2002) www.gov.za
9. National Credit Act, No 34 of 2005 | Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 200 www.justice.gov.za
10. The Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 www.justice.gov.za
11. Transunion transunion.co.za
12. Experian www.experian.co.za
13. XDS www.xds.co.za
Consumers can easily visit any of our Brand Partners stores country wide and apply for credit, or by visiting any of their websites.
Minimum Application Requirements include:
1. ID Book; or
2. Official Residential Permit for non-RSA nationals;
3. Latest pay slip;
4. Three months bank statements;
5. Monthly expense details and their household content insurance and/or Credit Life policy documents if they do not want to take up our insurance products.
These requirements are dependent on your employment status and risk profile. Interest Rate, Deposit, Instalment and Credit Pricing may vary by Credit Profile and Loan Term. The offers are subject to the verification of the identification of the applicant and applicant being above the age of 18, who is in possession of a valid identity document or passport.
Do you have a service or product question or concern?
Any loan account queries/complaints will be handled by theby Connect Financial Solutions and NOT the Brand Partner. Send an email to [email protected] or contact us telephonically on +27 (10) 211 1120
How to lodge a complaint
Sent via email: [email protected]
Telephonic: +27 (10) 211 1120
Sent via fax: 086 649 6485
Sent via post: PO Box 4208, Johannesburg, 2000
Abacus Insurance handles all Credit Life Insurance related queries and claims, except where the customer has their own insurance with another insurance provider. Send an Email to [email protected]
For assistance with any account or insurance related matters please call 010 2111120 and follow the prompts
You have the right to resolve any dispute that may arise between us by way of alternative dispute resolution, file a complaint with the National Credit Regulator or to make an application to the Tribunal as per details below:
1. Credit Ombudsman: 086 1662 837
2. National Credit Regulator: 086 062 7627
3. Credit Bureau: 086 1128 364